The Bleeding Heart Sprite from Aurora Wings I thought would be perfect for this little Valentine’s card that I wanted to make. The new challenge over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog is “Anything Goes” for Challenge #63. So with needing a Valentine’s day card for someone special and the challenge.. they both went together perfectly!
I don’t know about all of you out there but I love an Anything Goes Challenge! I love other challenges to don’t get me wrong, but with an Anything Goes Challenge you can let your imagination and creativity go wild if you want to. Then in the case of me… I make a Valentine’s Day card haha! Maybe the next one I will go a little more crazy.
I really love the little Bleeding Heart Sprite. I love how it looks like she has pigtails as part of her little hat? hair? Then, the vine of bleeding hearts wraps around her like a ponytail. I think it is completely cute! Makes me think of a sweet innocent little girl.
I put a bit of stitching… don’t look to close this is the first time I have pulled out my sewing machine to do this since we moved to California, so about 4 years ago. The poor sewing machine was so dusty you would have thought that it had been sitting in an old abandoned house or something. Granted if I didn’t dust every other day, living in the desert will do that to your house. I placed a 3 3/4 x 5 bit of light pink card stock under the 5 1/4 x 4 piece of vellum cardstock. Not the vellum paper but the thicker cardstock kind, I like it better for my cards especially sentiments.
I used quite a few flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts along with a cute butterfly my sweet friend Tina sent to me from Renea Bouquets. I had a bit of a hard time placing my butterfly because I didn’t want to cover up the pretty patterned paper (3 x 2 1/2) and my paper doily that I used. Thankfully for my good friend Angela helped me via what seemed like a bazillion photos on messenger to get it just in the right spot. It is wonderful having amazing friends!
I actually wanted to use a lighter pink rose flower on the card so that it would be closer to the pink paper that I put in the background on the first layer under the vellum. However, wouldn’t you guess that right when I need them I have every color but that one haha! Although, with this color of rose I am really happy that I had the darker more vintage kind of color.
I know that the pink, white and a bit of red doesn’t completely match my little sweet bleeding heart sprite. But I wanted everything to go together without completely taking away from the sprite. I really wanted her to be the star of the show and make your eyes see the sprite very first thing while staying within the same color scheme.
The Copic Markers that I used are:
- Bleeding Hearts: R17, 24, 27, 29, 39, RV10, 13, 23
- Leafy Shirt: YG67, 63, 61
- Lighter leaf color, pants: YG01, 13, 17
- Skin: E000,00, 11,21, 04, BV20, R20
Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too! You don’t want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!
If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!
Until next time friends!!!