Cardinal Sprite – Aurora Wings CAS Challenge

Good morning everyone! I love the first monday of the month. Why? Because that means it is time for another challenge for the Aurora Wings Stella team! And wow was this month a challenge for me!

You all know how I love to put flowers and other fun embellishments on my cards… well this month that was a no go! <GASP!> I found myself wanting to put more, wanting to put flowers just SOMETHING!!!! EEEKKKK! but alas the challenge is …. yes! C.A.S (Clean and Simple) Me??? Simple??? I don’t think I was ever taught that word… you can ask my husband he will tell you “No, she has no clue what that means” haha! The word is alien to me haha! But I got through it thanks to the adorable Aurora Wings Cardinal Sprite.

I just love this sweet little Cardinal Sprite. At first I didn’t really know where to start. So I googled Cardinal and found photos of them. I was even more lost, until I found team member Donna’s Cardinal Sprite and saw how she put the black around the eyes. From there I was able to figure it out. Thank you Donna xx.It was funny I just looked at the photo from the search on Google. It wasn’t until I was completely finished with the little sprite that I investigated further to find out where the photo had come from. I laughed a little bit and thought “She is an amazing colorist… she helps me out all the time, and here she is helping without even knowing… ” It put a huge smile on my face.

I wanted to do his feet in black, but his little boots are so stinkin cute that I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I didn’t want the shape or the lines to get lost if I didn’t get those colors just perfect. So I just used some C and W Copic colors to get them the way I wanted. I figured at least his feet had to be dirty.

The leaves I just went to my normal G24, G28 and YG23. I don’t know why I like that combo for any kind of greenery but it works in most cases. I do believe this is the first time I have remembered that I had some Copic Opaque White and used a very small paint brush to put it on. I don’t know why I always forget about that nice little jar I have, but I am happy I remembered this time. I used it in the center of the Cardinal eyes and the little bits in the sprite’s eyes. My printer doesn’t always get the eyes of the sprites nice and dark so I have to fill them in with a Copic Multi-liner but then they don’t look that great because the little pupils are gone. So, yes very happy I remembered the opaque white.

The background paper I hope you can see was an embossing folder. I was hoping to make it look like there was snow in the background. I still got a little bit of something on there with the little red pearls for embellishments… haha! I still HAD to stick something on it so it didn’t nag at me. 🙂

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don’t want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!